- Why is Miracle Gro Blue?
- How long does Miracle Grow last?
- Is Miracle Grow Organic?
- What happens if I use too much Miracle Gro?
- Can fertilizer make you sick?
- Why Miracle Grow is bad?
- What can I use instead of Miracle Grow?
- Is Miracle Grow safe to eat?
- What are the symptoms of toxicity?
- How does fertilizer affect human health?
- Is Miracle Grow poisonous?
Why is Miracle Gro Blue?
I have some Miracle Gro on hand, the water soluble kind: The blue stuff is copper sulfate, or CuSO4.
Here is the MSDS for Miracle Gro Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food, which lists the chemicals in the mixture..
How long does Miracle Grow last?
According to the Miracle-Gro representative that I spoke with, the liquid plant food is best used within three years after being purchased if stored properly. It is still viable for up to eight years.
Is Miracle Grow Organic?
Miracle-Gro Performance Organics growing media products feature a revolutionary blend of natural and organic materials and locally sourced, specially aged compost. … Miracle-Gro Performance Organics soils and plant foods are OMRI (Organics Materials Review Institute) listed as suitable for organic gardening.
What happens if I use too much Miracle Gro?
It is poisonous to plants, as salty plants can’t absorb water adequately. … In addition, plants with excessive new foliage (caused by too much fertilizer) tend to attract pests like aphids, who love tender leaves. These pests can literally suck the life out of plants.
Can fertilizer make you sick?
Plant fertilizers are mildly poisonous if small amounts are swallowed. Larger amounts can be harmful to children. Touching a large amount of plant fertilizer may cause severe burns.
Why Miracle Grow is bad?
Miracle-Gro provides an enormous amount of nitrogen for plants so that they grow big, bushy, green, and fast. The problem with MG is that the nitrogen is derived from synthetic ammonium and nitrates, producing off-chemicals that are harmful to soil microbes, worms, and all other forms of life in the soil.
What can I use instead of Miracle Grow?
Make your own home made Miracle Grow as well as several other plant foods easily with epsom salt, baking soda and household ammonia. It’s time for another fun vegetable garden hack. This DIY Miracle Grow fertilizer is a more organic way to feed your plants.
Is Miracle Grow safe to eat?
Miracle-Grow Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food is safe for all plants guaranteed not to burn when used as directed and starts to work instantly. Use on all flowers, all vegetables, houseplants, roses and all trees and shrubs.
What are the symptoms of toxicity?
General symptomsfeeling and being sick.diarrhoea.stomach pain.drowsiness, dizziness or weakness.high temperature of 38C (100.4F) or above.chills (shivering)loss of appetite.headache.More items…
How does fertilizer affect human health?
Depending on the amount of fertilizer consumed and the toxic metals that fertilizers have. It may cause disturbances of the kidneys, lungs and liver and even cause cancer.
Is Miracle Grow poisonous?
Miracle-Gro contains urea, which can irritate the mouth, throat, esophagus and stomach. Swallowing it can cause nausea and vomiting. According to the Manufacturer’s Safety Data Sheet for Miracle-Gro, if you accidentally swallow the product, immediately rinse the mouth out with water.